Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Restaurant TDL for 2011... So far

I've got a busy year ahead of me, and these are only restaurants I can think of off the top of my head:

Tojo's - I originally found out about this place through my old boss, Alvaro. This place HAS to be incredible; not only because Alvaro has fantastic taste & I have a great amount of respect for him, but also because it is the place he trusts to take the talent he brings in, to show them what Vancouver sushi is all about.
Check out this list of awards Tojo's has received. Unreal!

Miku - A lot of buzz about this place. Some say it's "the new Tojo's". That's a hefty title to live up to. This restaurant features Aburi-style sushi (flame-seared), which is very intriguing.






CinCin - I always get serenaded by this place when I walk by - the music just kind of rolls off the Tuscan balcony above lululemon on Robson, and I've found myself trying to take a peek up the big set of stairs that lead to the restaurant many times. Word on the street is that the pizza is to die for.






La Taqueira - This is another one of my "on the bus" discoveries - I've gazed at the La Taqueira Guadalupe in passing a billion times, and I've also heard a million kudos for this place. They cater to almost everyone, having some vegan specials on the menu. TWO THUMBS UP! Thanks to vancouverisawesome.com for the photo.


Le Gavroche - I live about two blocks from this place, and it always intrigues me. It's a beautiful restaurant that looks like a heritage house, that always has a silver BMW in the driveway. Looks classy, and let's be honest... Could I really turn down going to a place that has Lobster with Tarragon Butter, or Shrimps and Scallops that are flambéed table side with Brandy? No, I couldn't.

Italian Kitchen - So, I'm cheating here a bit. I've been here before. BUT, it was when I first moved here two years ago, and I barely remember anything from that time because I was so spaced out from moving. I'm a big fan of their sister restaurant across the street, Coast, which you can also read about on the "Glowbal Connection" website listed above. Gnocchi, here I come.

MEAT HEAVY, BUT INTRIGUED:
La Regalade
La Buca
Both of these spots have been recommended to me on multiple occasions, particularly by one of my best friends, Cameron. I'm willing to say if their meat options are as delicious as everyone says, I'm sure the veggie/fish dishes would be pretty damn good, too. I will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment